Summary of Position
A Technical Salesperson at AES Solar is a solar energy professional who facilitates the design and sales of photovoltaic solar energy systems. He/she works with clients to gather site specific information and analyze their needs and energy usage for the purpose of advising and providing the most appropriate solution for their situation. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of closing contracts and high degree of maturity, be a team player, be able to handle a high volume of leads, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be willing to work some evenings and weekends. Solar experience is strongly preferred but not required. Our business is growing rapidly and we are looking for people who are interested in growing with us. This is a great opportunity to work in a booming industry.
AES Technical Sales Representative will strive to exceed customer expectations and build strong relationships with clients. They actively identify and pursue leads, address customer’s questions and concerns, and meet sales quotas. Technical Sales Representatives will spend much of their time traveling to and visiting with prospective customers at their location. Technical Sales Representatives are the primary external representatives of AES Solar and are expected to convey a sense of expertise in services and capabilities offered. This position requires tact, adaptability, and a high degree of customer service and professionalism.
● The ideal applicant is self-motivated and self-directed with little or no direct support at times.
● Very personable especially on the phone. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Training or education in sales, renewable energy and ecological sustainability a plus.
● Computer literacy, including word processing and ability to learn new applications.
● Must attend first available SEI free online course
https://www.solarenergy.org/courses/introduction-to-renewable-energy/ and attend first available AES Solar Energy Installation class at John A Logan.
● Ability to work independently in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficiently perform all required sales activities including: networking, relationship building, managing use of resources, etc.
- Communication skills-Ability to communicate thoughtfully, clearly and confidently. Prompt responses to clients illustrates attentiveness and care; communicating with our project and design team throughout job completion increases the efficiency of our company.
- Account/client management-Ensure 100% customer satisfaction as the primary point person from first contact through project completion and ALWAYS respond to clients promptly via phone and email. Answer client questions about their solar system, collaboration with utility companies, incentive programs, and ROI, and assist the client in filling out the necessary paperwork.
- Business development and sales prospecting-Strategically focus sales activities to gain recognition with potential clients & build ethical credibility as a trusted solar consultant. Attend networking functions on behalf of AES and build relationships with local business owners.
- Lead generation and qualification-Qualify self-generated leads and pursue company-provided leads from multiple sources. Includes answering AES Sales line and and responding promptly to online requests for proposals.
- Basic computer literacy-The ability to navigate within our specialized applications, including CRM and other sales tools will prove advantageous, but at the least we need a candidate who has experience using email, online mapping, spreadsheets, and other basic computer functions. Complete and thorough logging of communications are a key responsibility in this position.
- Gather preliminary data to aid in the design and installation processes-Assess current/projected electrical usage data and conduct site evaluation to determine suitability and needs of the client.
- Generate presentations, proposals, & quotes-Effectively present solutions that meet or exceed the needs of the client.
- Closing deals and signing contracts at client location-Must have a clear understanding of contract agreements and be able to explain and review agreements with customers.
- Learn about the aspects of the position with which you are not familiar-A willingness to study and complete coursework associated with unfamiliar aspects of this job, including solar products and trends, construction, design, financing, incentives, and company potential for growth.
- Skills which are not required, but which will prove beneficial:
- Experience in sales and /or installation of solar PV systems.
- Understanding of general construction techniques and processes.
- Experience using design software
- Candidate will work at least 120 hours/month and will be expected to meet a minimum sales quota as a condition of employment. Position is paid a set hourly rate, based on experience, as well as 3% commission (when we get paid, you get paid).
- Candidate will report to Chief Operating Officer regarding logistical terms of employment and to the Chief Technician for technical and knowledge-based questions.