Entry Level Solar Installer, Carterville IL
Pay based on skills and experience. Opportunities for training in the growing field of solar – we like upward looking employees and will pay for skills gained.
Advanced Energy Solutions Group, Inc. dba AES Solar designs, installs, trains, and educates communities about renewable energy solutions for their energy needs. Our team strives to provide outstanding customer service. We take pride in empowering consumers to harvest the available renewable energy resources, such as solar, wind, and water.
In collaboration with other crew members, the applicant will work to install residential and commercial solar electric systems to the highest quality standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing manual labor tasks including digging, loading and unloading trucks, carrying supplies
- Keeping the job site clean
- Keeping the trucks stocked and organized
- Working as an assistant to crew leader(s)
Successful candidates will have at minimum:
- OSHA 10 hour training (AES will assist in certification if needed)
- Basic construction/manual labor skills and experience
- Ability to read a tape measure and use basic hand tools
- Basic understanding of how PV works
- Basic understanding of residential AC wiring
- Valid driver’s license
- Positive attitude and ability to work cooperatively within a crew
- Ability to learn new skills as required
- Ability and willingness to work in all types of weather extremes
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds
- Ability to work on a roof/from a ladder safely and confidently
Preference will be given to candidates that possess:
- Experience in PV or electrical fields
- Experience with roofing practices, a variety of types (asphalt, steel, standing seam, etc.)
- 10+ years of construction experience, most fields
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to or may come by our offices at 1804 Supply Road, Carterville, IL to apply in person.
*While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Please note the selected candidates will be required to submit to background check, verification of driving record, and drug testing.