AES Technical Sales Representative
Summary of Position
A Technical Salesperson at AES Solar is a solar energy professional who facilitates the design and sales of photovoltaic solar energy systems. He/she works with customers to gather site specific information and to analyze their needs and energy usage for the purpose of advising and providing the most appropriate solution for their situation. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of closing contracts and high degree of maturity, be a team player, be able to handle a high volume of leads, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be willing to work some evenings and weekends. Solar Experience is strongly preferred but not required. Our business is growing rapidly and we are looking for people who are interested in growing with us. This is a great opportunity to work in a booming industry
AES Solar Sales Representative will strive to exceed customer expectations and build strong relationships with clients. They actively identify and pursue leads, address customer’s questions and concerns, and meet sales quotas. Solar Sales Representatives will spend much of their time traveling to and visiting with prospective customers at their location. Solar Sales Representatives are the primary external representatives of AES Solar and are expected to convey a sense of expertise in services and capabilities offered. This position requires tact, adaptability, and a high degree of customer service and professionalism.
- The ideal applicant is a self starter who is capable of being self motivated and self directed with little or no direct support at times.
- Very personable especially on the phone. Strong communication skills both written and spoken.
- Training or education in sales, renewable energy and ecological sustainability a plus.
- Computer literacy including word processing and ability to learn new applications.
Must attend first available SEI free online course https://www.solarenergy.org/courses/introduction-to-renewable-energy/ and attend first available AES Solar Energy Installation class at John A Logan.
Ability to work independently in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage time to work effectively.
- Qualifying self-generated leads and pursue company provided leads.
- Perform analysis of customer electricity usage and conduct preliminary site evaluations.
- Responsible for ensuring 100% customer satisfaction to assigned projects.
- Strategically focusing sales activities to gain recognition with potential clients, ethically build credibility as a trusted solar consultant by qualifying commercial leads generated through multiple lead sources.
- Educate clients on the features of Solar PV products, installation process and available incentives by representing the goals and vision of our company.
- Work with customers to get the information needed to design solar energy systems.
- Determine suitability of sites by performing solar energy site assessments.
- Effectively present solutions to clients that meet or exceed their needs.
- Proficiently perform all required sales activities including: sales prospecting, qualifying, account management, site evaluations, proposals, presentations, networking, relationship building, partnering, business development, managing use of resources, etc.
- Become educated in solar energy industry products and trends.
- Answer the AES sales phone line and Respond to customer emails.
- Assist customers in any and all utility or other paperwork.
- Assist customers in applying for incentives.
- Proven ability to build and develop business relationships.
- Computer literacy a must. CRM experience a plus.
- Understanding of general construction a plus.
- World class communication and customer service skills and experience.
- Complete a number of sales calls a week to reach a set number of actual contacts, new and recurring.
- Reports to Chief Operating Officer regarding logistical terms of employment; contacts Chief Technician for technical and knowledge-based questions.
Position is paid a set rate as well as 3% commission, and representatives must work a minimum of 120 hours a month. Compensation is based on experience.
Major Functions: Sales of commercial solar electric power
- Closing deals and signing contracts at client location.
- Prospecting for and qualifying leads.
- Utilizing online tools and conducting preliminary site evaluations to develop an initial system design.
- Generating project proposals/quotes for customers.
- Analysis of customer’s current and projected electrical usage and financial return on investment.
- Must have a clear understanding of contract agreements and be able to explain and review agreements with customers.
- Communicating with project and design team throughout job completion.
- Logging all communications with customers in CRM contact database.
HOW TO APPLY
At AES Solar, we consider the environmental impact of our business decisions whenever possible. To minimize paper waste, we request that all candidates email their resumes. Only resumes with a cover letter and salary requirements will be considered. References will be checked for final candidates. No phone calls please.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to humanresources@AESsolar.com with Sales Job in the title.
-While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
-Please note the selected candidates will be required to submit to background check, verification of driving record and drug testing.
AES Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.